YTS offers flexible data options. Whether you are an experienced data researcher, or a novice to the field of data analysis, we have you covered. Read more below about how you can get your hands on the data.
YTS Aggregated Data Pricing
Take advantage of custom aggregate YTS data in your slides and presentations, and use it to educate and inform economic development professionals and policy makers.
If your data needs do not fit nicely into a pre-determined region found on youreconomy.org, we can build custom regions to your specifications. Regions can be a combination of counties, states, CBSAs, and even zip codes which are not available on YE. We will work with you so that you receive the most amount of relative data for the least cost.
Standard Custom Regions
|Regions||3 or less||4 to 15||15 to 25||26 to 50||Undefined Large Scope|
- Standard custom regions include TOTALS filtered by 5 employment sizes (self employed, 2-9, 10-99, 100-499, 500+). Both totals and employment sizes are filtered by churn parameters: birth death, expansion, contraction, move in, and move out.
- Pricing for filtering by NAICS, industry segments, or other data variables not included in standard custom regions will fall under the “Undefined Large Scope” region.
- Your custom aggregate regions are delivered in an Excel spreadsheet (.csv text file if too large for Excel). Churn parameters are not available for sales.
- Download data variables description.
YTS Establishment Data (Licensed data) Pricing
BDRC assembles the YTS (Your-economy Time Series) database from 22 annual snapshots following U.S. businesses at their unique location from 1997-2018. We offer two (2) tiers from the YTS database where you can purchase licensed data.
Tier 1 – Custom Records
Bring any custom research project to BDRC and we will work with you so that you receive the most amount of relative data for the least cost.
|Records||<1K||1K to 50K||50K to 100K||100K to 250K||250K to 500K||500K to 1M||1M to 2 M|
Tier 2 – Static Regions
|U.S. File (43 million records)||$45,000|
|U.S. File Academic (43 million records)||$32,000|
|New York, Florida||$12,000|
|Illinois, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, |
|Georgia, North Carolina, Massachusetts, Virginia, |
|Indiana, Wisconsin, Missouri, Tennessee, Minnesota|
Maryland, Colorado, Louisiana
|Arizona, Alabama, Oregon, Connecticut, South Carolina,|
|Arkansas, Mississippi, Utah, Nebraska, New Mexico||$5,000|
|West Virginia, Nevada, New Hampshire, Maine, Idaho||$4,000|
|Hawaii, Rhode Island||$3,000|
|Montana, South Dakota, Washington, D.C., Delaware,|
Vermont, North Dakota, Alaska, Wyoming
- US Academic file option is for research with the singular goal of publishing results that will be shared with BDRC.
- Because a scope for custom records must be defined, and resources required for assembly and delivery, subscriptions for static regions are discounted from custom pricing.
YTS Data License and Updates
All licensed data include a one-time delivery with a two year license for use of the data. No additional updates are available and the data would have to be purchased with a new license if necessary for further use.
The data license agreement will be handled by a simple MOU from the University of Wisconsin System Institute for Business and Entrepreneurship.
Downloads and Delivery
BDRC will assemble and deliver in either Excel or delimited text formats (.csv) with field variable names in the first row. A database description with field variables is found here: YTS Datababase Description. And the standard release list of field variables and their definitions is here : Field Variable List.
Business Contacts With Address
YTS aggregate data does not include business contact information. You can purchase the latest contact information for any business and receive current info: company name, address, phone, owner or officer, and management members if available.
- Up to 5,000 records: $.15 cents each
- 5,000 plus records: $.10 cents each